Earlier this week, the New York Times published an in-depth report on ICE’s highly sophisticated tools for locating foreign nationals that it wants to deport, focusing on the Pacific Northwest coastline, and featuring Officer Miller and his partner, who our firm often works with on I-9 audit requests. The potential employers should learn firsthand the lengths that ICE goes to when it comes to surveillance, and be prepared to conduct annual internal I-9 audits, given the current immigration climate.
- Key Takeaways of USCIS Filing Fee Increases – Effective October 2, 2020
- Current Administration Expands Ban on Legal Immigration
- USCIS Field Offices are Slowly Reopening
- How Has the Pandemic Affected the Green Card and Naturalization Processes?
- Presidential Proclamation Suspending the Entry of Certain Immigrants into the U.S. – What you Should Know