Today USCIS announced that it has reached the FY2017 H-1B cap. They will use a computer-generated process, also known as the lottery, to randomly select the petitions needed to meet the general category (65,000 H-1B visas) and advanced degree exemption (20,000 additional visas) caps. Before running the lottery, USCIS will complete initial intake for all filings received during the filing period, which ends today. Due to the high number of petitions, USCIS is not yet able to announce the date it will conduct the lottery. Stay tuned!
- Proposal to Revoke H-4 Work Permits Getting Final Touches
- Irina Batrakova Featured Guest On Slavic Public Center Radio Show!
- Sigh of Relief for Foreign Nationals on an H-1B Status
- U.S. Orders Closure of Russian Consulate in San Francisco
- USCIS To Expand Interview Requirement for Those Seeking Permanent Residence