Today USCIS announced that it has reached the FY2017 H-1B cap. They will use a computer-generated process, also known as the lottery, to randomly select the petitions needed to meet the general category (65,000 H-1B visas) and advanced degree exemption (20,000 additional visas) caps. Before running the lottery, USCIS will complete initial intake for all filings received during the filing period, which ends today. Due to the high number of petitions, USCIS is not yet able to announce the date it will conduct the lottery. Stay tuned!
- Current Administration Expands Ban on Legal Immigration
- USCIS Field Offices are Slowly Reopening
- How Has the Pandemic Affected the Green Card and Naturalization Processes?
- Presidential Proclamation Suspending the Entry of Certain Immigrants into the U.S. – What you Should Know
- Is COVID-19 Pandemic Impacting Your Immigration Status?