Family Immigration

Compassionate legal help from an experienced family immigration lawyer.

Your individual legal needs are as unique as you. You can have a smooth and headache-free immigration experience for you and your family by working with an experienced family immigration lawyer. Receive insightful strategic advice and effective solutions from The Batrakova Law Office (TBLO).

family immigration lawyer

TBLO’s family immigration lawyer provides individual client and family immigration legal services.

Irina Batrakova, a native of Russia and TBLO founder, has walked in your shoes and brings an extensive experience in all aspects of family immigration law. Our family immigration lawyer represents individual clients in marriage-based cases and petitions for alien relatives, consular processing, waivers and naturalization.

TBLO can also assist you with:

K-1 fiancé visa

K-1 Fiancé Visa

The K-1 fiancé visa is available to foreign nationals interested in marrying U.S. citizens and residing permanently in the United States. This visa type generally has shorter processing times compared to marriage-based immigrant visa petitions. You are eligible for the K-1 fiancé visa if:

  • You and your fiancé are legally eligible to marry under the laws of your country as well as the laws of the United States;
  • You will marry the petitioning U.S. citizen within 90 days of entering the United States;
  • You intend to enter the United States solely for the purposes of marrying the U.S. citizen;
  • You have met the U.S. citizen within the last two years before filing for the K-1 fiancé visa. This requirement can be waived only if meeting your fiancé in person would violate long-established customs, or would create extreme hardship for the petitioning U.S. citizen.

Your children may accompany you to the United States on a K-2 visa as long as they are named in the I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé.

F-1 Student Visa

F-1 Student Visa

If you are a foreign national interested in pursuing education (academic studies and/or language training programs) in the United States, F-1 student visa would allow you to do that. F-1 international students must maintain a full course of study and demonstrate financial ability to support themselves during their stay in the United States. The opportunities for legal off-campus employment are limited when you are in F-1 student status. F-1 visas are adjudicated directly at the U.S. Embassy/ Consulate of the foreign national’s home country. However, a change of status from, for example, a B-1/B-2 visitor status is also available and may be filed with USCIS stateside.

Naturalization – U.S. Citizenship

Naturalization – U.S. Citizenship

There are numerous benefits to naturalization and U.S. citizenship. Those benefits includes the ability to help certain family members to immigrate to the U.S., being able to vote in elections, enjoying fewer travel restrictions that some countries have for U.S. citizens, being able to hold certain government jobs that are open only to U.S. citizens, and not being subject to the laws regarding the loss of the lawful permanent resident status.

The U.S. family based immigration process is time-consuming.

Navigating the process of U.S. family based immigration can be confusing and time consuming. TBLO’s has helped countless individuals to successfully bring their families into the United States. Contact TBLO to speak with an experienced family immigration lawyer and we can help you, too.

Family based immigration
Portland immigration attorney

Your Portland Immigration Attorney

Firm founder, and native of Russia, Irina Batrakova understands immigration struggles first-hand. As an immigration attorney, she has helped individuals from over 70 countries to gain legal, working status in the United States.

Immigration Lawyer Portland Oregon

Get in touch with our immigration lawyer in Portland, Oregon and Miami, Florida

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
immigration lawyer Portland Oregon