The K-1 fiancé visa is available to foreign nationals interested in marrying U.S. citizens and residing permanently in the United States. This visa type generally has shorter processing times compared to marriage-based immigrant visa petitions. You are eligible for the K-1 fiancé visa if:

  • You and your fiancé are legally eligible to marry under the laws of your country as well as the laws of the United States;
  • You will marry the petitioning U.S. citizen within 90 days of entering the United States;
  • You intend to enter the United States solely for purposes of marrying the U.S. citizen;
  • You have met the U.S. citizen within the last two years before filing for the K-1 fiancé visa. This requirement can be waived only if meeting your fiancé in person would violate long-established customs, or would create extreme hardship for the petitioning U.S. citizen.

Your children may accompany you to the United States on a K-2 visa as long as they are named in the I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé.

Get in touch to start your journey.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

TBLO has earned a reputation for being responsive to our clients and their legal immigration needs. We respond to inquiries and questions the same day or within 24 hours.