Investor Visa

Proactive approach to each immigration case.

Investing in the United States can be tricky and, with any government’s oversight, frustrating. Whether you are a foreign business transferring wealth to the United States or individual foreign investors coming to the U.S. to open new affiliate or subsidiary offices, The Batrakova Law Office (TBLO) can make the process of an investor visa easier for you. The caliber of our immigration services and our proactive approach to each individual case will give you the head start you need for success.

Investor Immigration

TBLO’s immigration lawyer provides these individual immigration and investor visa legal services:

  • E-1/E-2 Treaty Traders and Investors: for countries that have a bilateral treaty with the United States, a foreign investor may secure this visa category and enter the U.S. to purchase a new or an existing business, with a capital contribution often as low as $70,000.
  • EB-5 Green Card Through Investment: an immigrant option that allows a foreign investor to obtain permanent residence (green card) by investing $1,000,000 (or at least $500,000 in a “Targeted Employment Area”).


The U.S. foreign investor visa process can feel like a lifetime.

Immigration for individual investors can be confusing and time consuming. TBLO has helped countless business individuals to successfully navigate the process to obtain an investor visa .


At TBLO, we are:




Portland immigration attorney

Your Portland Immigration Attorney

Firm founder, and native of Russia, Irina Batrakova understands immigration struggles first-hand. As an immigration attorney, she has helped individuals from over 70 countries to gain legal, working status in the United States.

Immigration Lawyer Portland Oregon

Get in touch to get started on your new venture.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

TBLO has earned a reputation for being responsive to our clients and their legal immigration needs. We respond to inquiries and questions the same day or within 24 hours.

Individual Immigration & Investor Visa Types

E-1/E-2 Treaty Trader/Investor

The E visa category is based upon a treaty of friendship, commerce and navigation, or a bilateral investment treaty. Individual companies or citizens of a qualifying country may qualify for an E-2 Treaty Investor visa. This visa category is truly designed for a small business owner and is intended to allow foreign nationals to come to the U.S. to purchase an existing or a new business, or engage in a joint business venture, with an initial capital contribution often as low as $70,000, depending on a Consular Post.

L-1A Intracompany Transferee in Executive or Managerial Capacity

For the foreign nationals that own a business abroad, and are looking to come to the United States to open a subsidiary or an affiliate company, there is an L-1A visa for the executive or manager that comes to the United States to open the new office. An individual can stay in the United States for a maximum of 7 years in the executive or manager category. The L-1A visa lands itself well for an EB-1 (first immigrant category) multinational executive or manager filing to secure permanent resident status. This visa category allows a straight path to permanent residence (green card).

EB-5 – Green Card Through Investment

Employment-based 5th preference category (EB-5) provides a way of obtaining permanent residence (green card) for foreign nationals who invest capital in the U.S. Foreign investor must invest $1,000,000 (or at least $500,000 in a “Targeted Employment Area”), creating or preserving at least 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers, excluding the investor and his immediate family. Under the Pilot Program investment can be made directly in a job-generating commercial enterprise (new or existing), or into a “Regional Center,” a third-party-managed investment vehicle, which assumes the responsibility of creating the requisite jobs.